I thought it would be a interesting to keep track at how many new fronds are going to be produced this year by my Dicksonia antarctica and Cyathea australis. I managed to get the Dicksonia through the winter without it losing its fronds by binding them up, filling them with oak leaves and keep them in a sheltered spot behind a curtain of bubblewrap. The Cyathea I just bought full with fronds. Apparently they often lose all their fronds in winter even with protection but it certainly doesn't seem to be the case with this exemplar. I did repot the Cyathea seeing as roots were coming out of the bottom of the pot.
At the moment the Dicksonia antarctica has 11 fronds (I am also counting the one that is unfurling at the moment)