When I got this little plant in the mail (form succulent tissue culture) a couple of leaves had broken off during transport. On a hunch I stuck one of the leaves in the grit layer of a nearby pot. I didn't think about it for a while and when I checked whether something was happening I was rather pleased to see it had taken root.
The Drimia it with it in the pot seemed to died unfortunately.
Here you can see the new roots. It should not come as much of a surprise I guess seeing as Tylecodon cacalioides is from the Crassulaceae family. It will be fun to see how long it takes to form an actual little plant. Does make you wonder why they tissue culture this particular plant if it is so easily cloned this way. Lets hope the 'mother' plant grows up quickly (I know it won't) so I can finally see whether it is Tylecodon cacalioides or Tylecodon walichii.